Equine-assisted therapy offers survivors a low-stress, yet powerful channel to heal from trauma.
Survivors are offered spiritually-lead inner healing sessions.
We use cutting-edge therapy treatments to facilitate the survivor's ability to process trauma.
Kendleton Farms is already home to several survivors!
In November, our staff excitedly welcomed our fourth survivor, *Marina, onto our campus. In 2013, we met Marina while she was working in a sexually oriented business on our outreach map. In 2015, she made the brave decision to leave the life and seek freedom, protection and recovery. Marina is a kind young woman, she is a mother and a follower of Jesus. She has graciously agreed to share a portion of her recovery story with us.
Why do you think Kendleton Farms in important? It’s a place of healing, and you can feel it as soon as you get here. The love from the staff is amazing. My family system is messed up, and so I feel anxious around people. But here if I get anxious, I am somewhere I trust, so I can process my feelings. It’s been since I was a little girl that I have not felt safe. The importance of what Kendleton Farms is doing is teaching me to trust other people; it’s my safe spot.
Coming out of a life full of chaos, you need that safety net. You need to go somewhere where you are held accountable for things so you can grow healthily. Read the rest of Marina's story.
Help Support Kendleton Farm’s Residents
One of the lies that keeps women in the sex-industry is, "There is no help out there for me." However, we understand that there are always enough resources in the Kingdom. Therefore, we desire to turn none away, instead believing that when we care for the "least of these" we are caring for Jesus Himself.
There are many ways to help support new and existing residents, to sign up or for more information on any of these please email us at Kendleton@elijahrising.org.
Donations or Gift Cards Accepted for:
- Doctor/Dental Visits
- Outings for Survivors: Museums, Theme Parks, Movies, Restaurants, Spa/Makeover Day, etc.
- Therapy Sessions
- Survivor Welcome Packets: Small nice toiletry items, Small snacks, Welcome note, Feminine Products, Rebecca Bender's Book (https://www.amazon.com/Roadmap-Redemption-Rebecca-Bender/dp/1482008106), Purple Book (https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Book-Biblical-Foundations-Disciples/dp/0310936004), Bible, Journal, etc.
- Grocery Stores (Kroger and HEB)
- Clothing Stores
- Phone/Calling Cards
- Hair and Nails Services
- Bus or Uber Transportation
- Amazon (for books and misc. items)
- Burner/Temp phones
- Family-Friendly DVDs in new condition
At Kendleton Farms we need volunteers who are interested in more hands-on Involvement. Things such as the following can be incredibly helpful in creating a safe community for the women to thrive in.
- Bring regular hot meals for 3-5 women
- Be an Outing Director: bring women to the movies, museums, day-trips, etc.
- Be a Mentor and walk with a woman through things such as: getting her IDs, GED, attending doctor's visits with her, and the like.
Adopt a Renovation/Construction Project for the Safe Home:
- New Windows: (14) 36"x48" vertical - Cost: $2284 (Badly needed)
- Monthly Pest Control: $95/month
- Exterior Paint for 2,400 sq. ft. of brick - Slate/Charcoal Grey Color
- Outdoor Kitchen Area: Sink, Grill, Countertop, and deck
- New Kitchen and Bathroom Fixtures:
2 Kitchen sinks and faucets
3 Bathroom sinks and faucets (ORB or Nickel)
3 Shower faucets, knobs, and heads (ORB or Nickel)
- Central AC/Heat Installation: using window units currently
- Monthly Security System Costs
For more ways to get involved please contact us at Kendleton@elijahrising.org.