More and more states are introducing bills to decriminalize or legalize prostitution. Full decriminalization means empowering other aspects of the sex trade, including pimping, purchasing sex and operating brothels. We have the opportunity to take a stand now and voice the dangers of full decriminalization of the sex trade.
Washington, D.C., lawmakers are waiting to vote on decriminalizing the sex trade, including pimping, purchasing sex and operating brothels. D.C. would be the first U.S. city to fully decriminalize prostitution which is guaranteed to increase the prevalence of sex trafficking.
- Pray and intercede for the city of D.C. and that council members would be moved to vote against this bill.
- Sign the pledge and say NO to decriminalizing the sex trade in D.C.
Sign the pledge »
- If you are a D.C. resident, contact your D.C. Councilmember and ask them to oppose this bill.
- If you have friends in family in D.C., call them, talk to them, ask them to oppose this bill.
- Call your member of Congress. Tell them you don’t want the nation’s capital turned into a global sex tourist destination.
- If you are active on social media, please use Facebook and Twitter to speak out and raise the alarm.
- Become educated about the harms of prostitution at http://prostitutionresearch.com/